21 June 2010

SWEET 16 SOIREE

It's great when design jobs literally fall into your lap. I contacted Lorez Reese from Simply Savvy Events after meeting very briefly at the Baltimore Magazine Bridal Show this past March. The email back said "this email could not have come at a more perfect time, I have a personal project I need invitations for ASAP!" Of course, I was more than happy to help out. The invitations were for her daughter's Sweet 16 Soiree, with a vintage Hollywood theme in crimson and black. Lorez gave me a few specifics of the event, but basically gave me carte blanche on the design.
I came up with a square tri-fold brochure, studded with crystals and tied with a black satin ribbon that ran behind all three panels of the invitations. The illustration was supplied by Lorez and really set the tone of the invitation, you can tell the birthday girl is quite the stylish one. I knew the crystal studs would take this invitation over the top. I can't wait to see the photos from the big night! I'm sure it was fantastic when the mother of the birthday girl is also the event planner!

This was the email I received from Lorez after showing the invitations to her daughter.
"First things first - my daughter LOVES her invitations!!! I mean the girl can not stop staring at them. KUDOS to you on a job well done."


No comments: