12 August 2010

WHEN A DESIGNER GETS MARRIED...

While I try not to get too personal with my own life on this blog, I recently remembered that my own wedding was featured on a blog a little bit ago. This blog is Baltimore-centric, and provides great research for brides getting married in the area. It's been one of my favorites and was saddened to read in a post that it might not be around much longer? I really hope she continues on! You can read the Charm City Bride blog here.

While planning our wedding, I was working full-time for a design firm in Baltimore, but created all the paper products (invitations, programs, and reception items) for our wedding. I never realized how much work is involved in creating wedding stationery and I have been a professional designer for almost 10 years. While I loved every minute of it, I drastically underestimated how time-consuming the process is. For brides considering DIY stationery, think long and hard beforehand of the time/energy/materials involved in pulling off this feat. As I always say, your invitations are the first and (sometimes) only glimpse your guests will see of your wedding, make it count! This link below will take you directly to the feature full of all the details from our big day.

Really wish I had some of those Amaretti cookies from Vaccaro's right about now....



Special thanks to our amazing photographer Roman Grinev of Roman Grinev Photography.


No comments: